Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Late Happy New Year !!!

Happy New Year Everyone !!! Apologies but I have been very busy (and a bit ill as well) and had to neglect my blog a little in the last few weeks. I hope you all had a good break during Christmas and New Year's eve.

2012 was good year in which I enjoyed collecting baseball cards a lot. Couple of observations:

- Great Community ! I have been positively surprised by the baseball card blogging community with all its great people. I really had the feeling this "european" guy was very welcome and I have been able to do some great trades with a lot of you (completing 39 trades in my first year !). I also participated in a lot of group breaks and I really enjoyed those and already signed up for a few in recent days again !

- Collecting too much ? Where's the focus ?: As a newbie I have been collecting too much and trying to complete almost every set. That has to change in 2013. I will likely focus on completing Allen & Ginter, Gypsy Queen and Topps' flagship product as I enjoy those the most. Furthermore, I will chase Minis! again in 2013 and potentially add one set more to focus on. Other than that it will be a focus on my pitchers collections (Glavine, Blyleven, Kershaw, Rivera, Sabathia, Verlander, Lincecum) and gradually trying to complete older A&G sets from recent years as well as some Topps vintage (starting with the 1976 set !).

- Tom Glavine Supercollector ? During 2012 I found myself becoming a Tom Glavine "supercollector", chasing any card of him. I really enjoy the chase so I will definitely continue this in 2013 !! I do still need to put everything in excel to really keep tracking it porperly but do have the feeling that my Glavine PC is well on its way as the page goes on and on and on...... !

- It's hard work !! Collecting baseball cards is hard work, in particular if you trade a lot, use eBay and COMC and bust a bit a wax now and then. As a result, I still have plenty of sets I need to put onto my Want List so hopefully I can find the time for this the coming months !! Still, although hard work, I enjoy it so that's all that matters !!

- Improve the blog ! Lastly, I want to use the blog for a bit more fun. In my first year I noticed the majority of posts have been of the type "group break loot", "eBay scores" and/or "Trade Posts". Hopefully with now 1 year of blogging under my belt I can make it a little bit more interesting in 2013 !

All in all, plenty of plans to make it another fun year !

Let's end this post with my latest Kershaw addition, another Five-Star card !!




Thanks for visiting my blog today and I wish everyone a great 2013 for you and your families !!


4 comments: